Honours and awards
- Received the TCS-EducationWorld Teacher Award, given by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mumbai, for “teaching innovations / exceptional attributes”. The June-2005 issue of EducationWorld magazine featured me on the front cover and carried an interview with me.
- Received the Reverend Father TA Mathias Award for Innovative College Teachers, given by the All-India Association for Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), New Delhi, for “devotion to academic excellence, participation in the introduction of educational innovations, concern for the integrated development of students, and commitment to high standards of professional ethics”.
- Appointed Editorial/Review Board Member of two well-known international journals: The International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Review (ISSN: 2164-3091) and the Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education (ISSN 2050-7003).
- Appointed Member of the Advisory Board of Journal of Applied Social Sciences Research
- Appointed Director of the Loyola ELT Centre, the first and only centre of excellence established at Andhra Loyola College consequent on the college gaining the CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) status.
- Appointed External Faculty Member at the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (now ‘English and Foreign Languages University’), Hyderabad, in 2003.
- Won the First Additional Prize in Katha ’97, a short story writing competition conducted by the Jesuit Conference of South Asia (JCSA).
- Received a Rotary Foundation fellowship to visit the USA in 1987. The September 1989 issue of Span magazine carries an article written by me (‘American Encounters: Myth and Reality’) about my visit.